Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Just a Bit of Humor

I was looking through my layouts today and found a two page spread I had done based on this poem. I thought I'd share the poem with you in case you want to use it or pass it on. Here it is:

Ode to my Wife, the Cropper


She learned to crop on Monday,
Her shapes were going fine.
She forgot to thaw our dinner,
So we went out to dine...

She added die cuts on Tuesday,
She says they really are a must.
They actually were quite lovely,
But she forgot to dust...

On Wednesday it was stickers,
She says the designs are fun.
What highlights, what shadows, what colors!!
But the laundry wasn't done...

Her journaling was on Thursday,
With Sakura pens, including red.
I guess she really was engrossed,
She never made the bed...

It was more acid-free paper on Friday,
In colors that she adores.
It never bothered her at all,
That crumbs were on the floor...

I found a maid on Saturday,
My week is now complete.
My wife can crop the hours away,
The house will still be neat...

Well, it's already Sunday,
But don't call me a great Pop.
I cursed! @#$, I raved *#@, I ranted!!!
The maid has learned to CROP!!!!!!


Author: Valerie Consolo


I have been making cards like mad. For someone who dislikes making cards, I've sure been as busy as a bee making them! I gave two friends a set of 12 cards each yesterday. Some were water colored while others were made from my scrapping supplies. I think my supplies multiply when I go to sleep at night. Then, as a challenge for a website, I've made, so far, 16 cards with matching envies to send to those serving in the Middle East. I guess they need cards for their family and friends, so we've been asked to make some to donate to the cause. No problem. It's the least I can do for those who are so far from family and friends.

As soon as I move them from the camera to the computer, I'll share them with you.

Here are a couple of layouts to share.

I just loved this photo of DS while we were in Zion National Park. He was such a cutie pie!

Photobucket

The Long Road Travelled


Every once in a while, a good photo happens to be taken! LOL - This is one of the better ones I've had taken lately.

Photobucket

Me @ 60


And, last but not least, is another nature photo - this one of tulips in the wind.

Photobucket

Go With the Flow


Thank you so much for stopping by. I love having visitors! I hope you enjoyed the poem and will return soon!

Have a good one,

Chris

1 comment:

ellen s. said...

you ARE not 60. i don't believe it.
love that poem..you sense of humour is awesome!