Friday, December 26, 2008

Ho, Ho, Ho!

I hope you had a wonderful holiday!

We were together as a family with DS visiting us for Christmas. What a treat that is. He was lucky to get out of the Pacific Northwest due to all the snow. For a while, we weren't sure he'd be here for the holiday. He made it! We so enjoy his visits.

Did you have a wonderful holiday? Was your tummy full? I made our Christmas menu a bit different this year. We had a fabulous ham from Basse's Choice. They are sooooooooooooo delish! With that, I made grits rich with Gruyere and Mozzarella cheese. DS doesn't like potatoes so grits was the substitute. I also made wild rice with cranberries, mushrooms, onions, celery, and topped with crispy bacon and cashews. Oh, that was really good! We also had an artichoke casserole and orange jello salad made with cottage cheese and cool whip. It was a nice light dessert.

Just after dinner, a storm moved through the area. Our lights kept flickering, the wind was really blowing - I mean gusts at 50 mph! The rain was coming down in torrents. What an odd December!

I found a couple of sites this morning that are giving away a really nice blog candy offering. Here are the links. They have some wonderful blog candy offerings! Check them out!

http://linda-wright.blogspot.com/2008/12/blog-candy-up-for-grabs.html

http://crafts-international.blogspot.com/2008/12/blogg-candy.html

http://thepaperfreak.blogspot.com/2008/12/im-offering-my-first-blog-candy.html

Join in the fun - maybe one of us will win!

I haven't taken any photos or done any scrap work for the past couple of days. I've just been working on other things.

I hope your holiday was very special! Come back soon!

XO

Chris

No comments: