Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Magnolia-licious Challenge with Tilda on the Roof

Hello sweet readers,

Have you been bitten by the flu bug yet? I hope not! It seems that it is really spreading, so make sure you wash your hands constantly! I got my shot, how about you? So many readers are not feeling well. Take care!

I am so glad that you took the time to stop by today. It is time for our first Magnolia-licious Challenge of 2013! Here are the details:

The challenge runs from Tuesday, January 8 to Monday, January 21, 2013. Your image MUSTuse at least ONE Magnolia image. You entry MUSTalso be done predominantly in the colors required. If you have a question, just ask any member of the Design Team. Any of us will be delighted to help you before you create something that wouldn't qualify. The prize is something wonderful from Diana. She is most generous, so you will not be disappointed!


It was my turn to pick the colors. I chose the stark tones palette. Here is a photo showing the colors you are to use as well as a photo that helps set the stage. The colors to use are off white, grey, dark brown, tan, and taupe.



Isn't that an amazing photo? I thought it was so beautiful - stark yet serene. The colors are so flat that they look gorgeous in that photo. No, my card isn't as gorgeous, LOL! Definitely not so quietly peaceful! LOL. Here are the photos. I have to tell you that I forgot to take a shot of the interior panels together. DUH! I did manage to take a photo of the top and of the bottom. I'm too tired to try to "stitch" the two photos together. LOL My eyes are gone.

Here is the front:


The front uses the following products available at Diana's MAGNOLIA-LICIOUS store:

Tilda on the Roof

Triple Tag Doo-hickey Die

Leaf and Swirl Die

Here is a photo of the tag unfolded. I used Doodlebug rub ons for the sentiment.


Also used on the front panel is a very pretty grey vellum that has snowflakes printed on it. You can't see it well as I managed to cover it up! Sheesh! I used snowflakes from my stash. One is wood veneer while the other three are crystalline and white. Tilda is sitting on a layer of snow created by using Kindyglitz. Tilda was colored with Distress Inks. The flower is grey felt. I added a brown photo turn to hold the tag in place. The tag has also been outlined in Kindyglitz.

Here are the inside photos:



The following products are available at Diana's MAGNOLIA-LICIOUS store. Just click the link.

So Wrapped Lovely Heart Folded Tag Doo-hickey die

Magnolia Old Swedish Lace Doohickey Die (this is currently out of stock, but if interested, just ask Diana if she is able to order it for you.

Other items on the upper panel include grey loopy ribbon, another wood veneer showflake, and brown/cream alpha stickers. There are also silver snowflakes cut from silver ribbon.

Here is the bottom panel:



For the bottom, I left a sentiment space. The edges have been stamped with Magnolia snowflake stamps. I added grey ribbon, Kindyglitz, silver ribbon snowflakes, and a gorgeous Magnolia Snowflake die which I covered in Kindyglitz to make it sparkle, too!

The following items are available at Diana's MAGNOLIA-LICIOUS store:

Cozy Big Snowflake Doo-hickey Die

Jingle Jangle Snowflakes Stamp

Sparkling Snowflakes Stamps - This is also currently out of stock. Check with Diana to see when it may be restocked. It's from the 2010 Merry Little Christmas Collection.


Thank you so much for stopping by! Remember, if you have any Magnolia needs or wants, see Diana! You can't beat her prices or customer service. Not only that, there is always the Magnolia-licious store rewards! You won't be disappointed - EVER!

I hope you liked my card. Feel free to leave a little love. I treasure each comment. Have a wonderful week!

XO,

Chris

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Creative Card Crew #27 - Snow and Ice - ends 1/20/13

Creative Creations Challenges #1 - Anything Goes - Ends 1/20/13

Stamp and Create - LOVE - Ends 2/03/13

17 comments:

Kelly said...

Chris your card is gorgeous and full of creativity, that is always your style. I love it. Those papers really hit the challenge well for a chilly winter.
Hugs Kelly

Cathy Lee said...

Wow, Chris. This was definitely your challenge. I love the colors you used and Tilda looks fabulous. The darling fold our ticket sentiment adds that special touch.
Gorgeous card inside and out.
Hugz,
Cathy Lee

Karen said...

Your card is gorgeous!! : )

Christina C. said...

Love, love your card, Chris! Tilda is so precious and colored to perfection....absolutely breathtaking!

cabio's craft corner said...

Beautiful shape card Chris and fabulous design with this color combo. It's an awesome turned out :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

NPurdum56 said...

Simply Wonderful!

cathylynn said...

Chris this is another beauty inside and out! So many lovy details to admire. The colors are wonderful.
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Rene said...

Lol, I crack myself up! So I'm waiting for your blog page to load and as soon as I saw your card, I went "ooooooh" and it just reminded me of my girls when they see something they really want...guess they DO get it from me and not their father. Darn it! Lol!
This is GORGEOUS! It is the most elegant card I've seen in a long time...so classy looking! Just LOOOOVE it!
Rene :D

Sheri said...

Beautiful card Chris!! I love the way you used the dark matting to set everything off!!
Magnolia-licious Designer

Anonymous said...

Absolutely adorable! Tilda is gorgeous and I love your felt flower! hugs, Angela

Candy said...

Hi Chris,
Beautiful work!
Tilda is gorgeous :o)
I love the shape, the reindeer paper, your felt flower, your wonderful long ticket and best of all the pile of snowballs!!
Big Hugs, http://www.magnoliastamps.us/store2

Suzan L said...

Hi Chris, your card is gorgeous inside and out! All the details that you have added to it are just wonderful! I especially love the fold out ticket with the Doodlebug Print. Have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs,
Suzan
Magnolia-licious Designer

Karen said...

Your card is fabulous! Such a creative design and your colors are perfect! The inside is beautiful too! Have a great weekend!

Karen

Anonymous said...

I love the round shape and neutral tones, very sweet indeed
Hugs julie P

Norma said...

That's one challenging colour palette, Chris, though you did a fabulous job in using it. Love the design and the shape. Beautiful DP's.
Hugs,
Norma

Peggie said...

Great card. Love the snowballs. What a fabulous idea.

FiLoMa said...

This is a lovely card. I love the layout and embellishments you have used. The colours are also very pretty. Thanks for playing along at Creative Card Crew. Cheers FiLoMa DT