Monday, September 9, 2013

Mini Monday Tilda Key Largo Tag

Good morning,



Well, I think most of my hummingbirds have started their long journey south. It makes me so sad to see them go. I have a feeder right outside my craft room window. It's such a sweet diversion to watch their antics as they zoom through the yard. They are fearless! They try to intimidate my husband and myself when we are changing their feeders each morning! They zoom up to about a foot or so from our heads, chirp at us, and maintain a holding pattern while they watch us with care. I only saw two of them today. Did you know that most hummingbirds don't make it through their first year of life? Isn't that sad?

I've been having vision issues again. So, if my photos appear to be blurry, it's my fault. At least I can type without looking at the keyboard. LOL

Today, I have for you a tag which features a mini Magnolia of Tilda Key Largo. You can find this adorable stamp at Magnolia-licious. I paired her with Magnolia's Sea Background Through Porthole stamp from the 2010 Bon Voyage Collection. I used masking to combine the two images as well as delete the portions I didn't want visible. Here is the image:



I chose to use Nestie dies for the oval shapes. A strip of off white burlap, some real shells and starfish from the beaches we've visited (even the little starfish is real), a walnut stained tag, and tiny stickers help the tag with the theme. The white netting you see is from the grocery store! It may have been around a turkey, some fruit, or whatever. I saved it to use some day! That day came and I put it to use. I also had a sheet of paper thin cork which I used at the top. A brass eyelet, some cotton lace and twine finish the tag.

I hope you like what I've created. It's for sale if anyone is interested, LOL!

If you haven't visited the Magnolia-licious Store lately, you really should! Diana has gotten in some new, wonderful products including Candibean Stamps. Not to be forgotten, the Score-Pal Store is now carrying the Bow-It-All by Zutter Innovative Products! Who doesn't like a pretty bow!

Thank you for stopping by! I love your comments and read, with love and appreciation, each and every one!

XO,

Chris

9 comments:

Laila B. said...

Wow..I loved your tag!!! It's a great inspiration for me, I want to use my minis but I find it very hard. Thanks for sharing!!! Hugs!! Laila

Suzi Mac said...

Love your sweet creation to bits Chris, fabulous colouring and design. Have a wonderful week.
Hugs
Suzi x

Aartje said...

This one is so gorgeous, I love the shape, your coloring and all those gorgeous details.
Hugs Aartje

Myra W said...

She's gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!

Frances said...

Beautiful creation! Love all the texture on it! Great job! Hugs
Frances

Diana Crick said...

Super job Chris, love all the imaginative bits and bobs, makes he tag very cohesive, it is obvious you put a lot of care and attention into your designing, most creative!

Kelly said...

Beautiful summery card, I love this Tilda and she looks fabulous! I don't want summer to end!
Hugs Kelly

Suzan L said...

Hi Chris, your tag is just gorgeous! I love all the beach details that you have added to it, especially the real shells!
Hugs,
Suzan

NPurdum56 said...

Gorgeous Chris! Lovely touch with the shells! :) Nancee