Tuesday, September 29, 2015

My Magnolia Rose Cake Tilda Kraft Card


Hello Dearest Readers,

How are things going for you today? Well I hope! It's the same "ole," same "ole" here. Days are spent getting things done and then wondering where the week went! It just seems that time if flying by! Nothing exciting at all in our lives! I guess that could be a good thing considering the alternatives! LOL

Today is Team B's turn to reveal their inspiration cards for the

Use Kraft Challenge


at the Magnolia-lcious Challenge Blog.


I had fun with this challenge! I decided to do my very first coloring directly on kraft paper! I've always admired gals who were able to do that technique well - Chris Dark and Claudia from Germany come to mind. Their work is amazing! So, I took the plunge. I'm afraid I discovered that the technique is not that easy! LOL I am sooooooo not in their league! LOL (as if I ever would be)

I chose to use a new stamp from the Boho Collection. It is called Rose Cake Tilda. Here is my photo of the front:


I colored Tilda with a combination of pencils - Prismacolor, Derwent Inktense, and regular Derwent. I even used some random pencils I had from a century ago, LOL! The kraft paper is Basic Grey and the card stock is Bazzill Kraft. I don't know what I did to get the photo so defined. I must have clicked something I shouldn't have during the photo editing. Since my eye surgery, I'm noticing that I am taking blurrier photos. I guess the surgery didn't end up as well as I had hoped. :o( Anyway, I struggle to get clarity. There is a tag hidden behind the quilted mat (where the blue flower and pink ribbon are at top center). The pale pink pearl swirls are Prima.

Here is a detail of Tilda:



I don't know if I'll try this technique again, LOL. I love colors that are bold. Coloring on kraft just seems to dull everything down. That's why I chose pastels for the card.

What do you think?

When you're visiting the Magnolia-licious Store, you might want to check out the new Memory Box and Poppy Stamp dies that Diana has gotten in. They are sure "purdy!" Diana also has the wonderful Boho collection stamps as well as many others.

Well, that's about it! I hope you like my Using Kraft creation.

Now it's your turn! Won't you join the Use Kraft Challenge? As you can see by the DT examples, there are many ways you can incorporate the kraft into your design! We'd love to see your creations!

Thank you for stopping by.


By leaving a comment, you may win a special gift from Diana at Magnolia-licious! If you don't join in, you just can't win! LOL



I hope you will return again very soon!

XO,

Chris

9 comments:

Fikreta said...

Lovely card

SpicyTulipCreates said...

I have that quilt die, I just love it! I love how you used it as well, and your coloring is awesome. Very pretty card

Letty Aguilar said...

Your card is beautiful! Love it!

Shawn said...

Chris I love the Kraft paper colored, looks stunning! The quilt pattern is very unique, love the colors you chose.All in all a gorgeous card!!
hugs sweet friend, Diana

Anonymous said...

Love your use of kraft...I like it, too. Your Tilda is precious...don't you just want to pinch those fat cheeks of hers? I love Tilda. Jan D., FL

Barb Hardeman said...

Excellent! Excellent! Oh you have done an amazing job on this card. I encourage you to try this coloring technique again, it's delightful. I love the little zipper you embellished with...well done girlfriend. Hugs xx Barb

Karen said...

Beautiful card! I just love the bright cheery colors.

Hugs,
Karen

Candy said...

I do I do I do love your colouring on craft paper. Take another look now that you have put it away for a while. It's really good!
I have been trying to email you over and over but it seems you don't receive them as you haven't replied. I think of you and your situation constantly, Chris.
Lots of Love, Candy xoxoxoxo

Kelly said...

You did awesome on Kraft paper, and the quilt is so gorgeous. Love the zipper in the middle, this is a beautiful card. Hugs Kelly